Sunday, January 29, 2006

To Leitrim and back

Well it's been a busy week, hence the lack of posting. I've been busy travelling but also busy knitting and it's about time I started posting about my WIP's. A friend had a baby earlier in the month and I've been really looking forward to visiting her and getting to meet the new arrival. She lives in Leitrim though which is quite the trek from Wexford so it takes a bit of planning. Anyhow I made it there last Friday for a visit and we had a fantastic afternoon, mother and baby had their first lunch out and we even managed a spot of retail therapy. Here's the new arrival in the flesh, just 6 days old........and in a knitted sweater and bootees I made for him some time ago. I'm also in the process of finishing a blanket for him, well it's a joint effort, his mammy is also knitting a panel as you can see from the photo above. It's a beautiful tweedy green shade and is one of the baby blanket kits I've designed for clicketyknits.com. Here's some pics of the knitting in progress, I'm very close to finishing my part of the bargain but the mammy has only half her panel done and now that Dara is here I suspect it'll be a while before she's finished but she's adamant that she wants to do a panel herself so this could be a WIP for some time........ I include two different methods for making this blanket in the pattern. You can knit it in one piece or knit three seperate panels and the surround and sew them together to complete the blanket. Other WIP's include a waistcoat for my niece ( a belated Christmas present) and I've kinda lost interest in it to be honest.......

and a close up of the detail, if I ever return to it I'll explain the patternand a hanger cover and lavendar pouch for my mother - it was her birthday yesterday (I'll post up the pattern when I get it written down). So apart from ideas for potential new clicketyknits designs I've nothing else on needles at the moment. I've lots of nice yarn in my stash that I'm dying to get my hands on, I'm trying to have no more than 3 WIP's at any one time, my pathetic attempt at trying to finish stuff off..... Till the next time............happy knitting.

1 Comments:

Blogger tangelled angel said...

Gorgeous baby and gorgeous sweater and bootees!

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home