Christmas Presents, no not 2006!
I know it's kinda odd to be talking about Christmas presents on this the first day of February but there you go, that's me. It's really just a way of showing my last FO's. So, who got a knitted present? Well not many actually. I'd left it really late and only started my knitted Christmas gifts in late December. I think I'd a worthy excuse though......I launched clicketyknits at the beginning of October and between the Knitting & Stitching Shows and the Baby Show I was kept kinda busy. So, my sister got a knitted yoga bag (more on that in another post), my husband got a fantastic scarf and I got a present too ( well no-one knits for me!) a great pair of wristwarmers. Here's the scarf below. I knit it with a beautiful kid mohair yarn from an Australian grower and processor Wagtail Yarns. It's a fabulous steely blue colur and my husband loved it, well, did he have a choice? I used a pattern design from Last Minute Knitted Gifts and off I went. It was a pleasure to knit, really simple to knit but an effective stitch pattern, a real winner. I'd have no hesitation in doing another. The wristwarmers I did for myself were from Hollywood Knits. Again, using Wagtail Yarns fine kid mohair - I'd bought 2 different colours from their booth at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate. Here's the pics below. Again, a really simple rib pattern, the wristwarmers are knit up in four pieces and require a little sewing up. I decided not to sew the tops of them for each finger preferring to leave that part open.
I cast off a little too tightly and this is beginning to bug me when I'm wearing them.....I may have to go back and frog a little......... And here's how they look in the book ....... mmm, I was happy with mine until I saw this picture again... |







2 Comments:
Your wristwarmers look great!
I have made one and a half pairs of wristwarmers, the first was from www.knitty.com and the second was a mixture of one I got off the web and my own pattern, and the wool is too heavy so will have to rethink that one.
The scarf is great also. Have finally managed to persuade my other half that he CAN wear a scarf, as he's not into them, so am knitting furiously to try and get it finished before he changes his mind!
Thanks Sara. The wristwarmers are so easy to knit. My husband has never worn a scarf before either but I persuaded him to pick the colour and approve the pattern so at least he had some say in what he was going to be wearing! I had a look at your scarf on your blog and I think it's fab, really nice colours and manly enough for any man - I'm sure he won't raise any objections when it's done.
Post a Comment
<< Home