Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I NEED a ball winder..............

Ok, I've been wanting one for ages but in an effort to control my knitting expenditure I've been confining myself to one major knitting spree per month. So, at the moment as February draws to a close it's in serious contention as winner for March's knitting purchase.......... and you see the thing is I realise now I NEED one, it's no longer a want........here are the reasons. REASON 1. I've been thinking about frogging this poncho.

Ever since I made it back in 2004 the neck has been growing every time I wear it. So now I don't anymore cos it's falling off my shoulders and anyway ponchos are so past it now. Plus I like the yarn, it's Debbie Bliss Maya and it's great to knit with and I think I could make something else more useful with it. REASON 2 I have another hank of Maya. REASON 3 I have a hank of hipknits handdyed 100% silk- well ok I have 2, but the hank I've rollled into a ball looks so unsightly I couldn't possibly allow this hank to suffer the same fate. REASON 4 I have 3 hanks of Colinette Point 5. They surely deserve professional ball winding status. REASON 5 I have some Colinette Giotto. REASON 6 I have some more Colinette Giotto. REASON 7 My last online purchase requires winding....4 hanks of Merlin Avalon ... a wool and linen blend that intrigued me. REASON 8 This Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon deserves respect. REASON 9 I want the Lorna's Laces yarn (my knitting olympics challenge) to be the last of my hand rolled balls of yarn. REASON 10 I just want one! So can I get one?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lot of justification. I say buy it.

3:13 am  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

I second Isobel, and let me know where you get it,and how you get on, I want one too!! Have you thought of a nostepinde? I've been looking at them on the net and they look pretty okay. have a look here:
http://www.hatchtown.nostedir.html
Lovely yarn btw!

5:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, 9 reasons, I guess there's no doubt anymore that you're in desperate need of a ball winder! :)
I absolutely adore the yarns you've shown, wow, what incredible colorways!

12:46 pm  
Blogger Sharon in Ireland/NZ said...

Thanks for all the encouragement! Now to find one............

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home