Sunday, February 26, 2006

The price of a sock.

Shape Heel - check,

Gusset - check,

Gusset Shaping - check,

Foot - check ..........

I think I'm gonna make it.......

But at a price..................................

I haven't been well all week and have tried to ignore my symptoms, I acknowledged being below par by cancelling strenuous activites (e.g. swimmimg,tennis) but I would have to be close to dead to stop knitting so I didn't! Unfortunately my attention really wasn't what it should have been and my second "perfect" sock is far from it. Nevertheless I continued - no time for frogging when the finish line is in sight. Cancelling my normal activities left time for knitting so it looks like I'm gonna make the deadline. It means little now. I knew this last night, I also knew that I had a trip to Dublin today. A trip to the February Stitch N' Bitch meet up. A trip I've been looking forward to since the last meeting. A trip I wasn't able to make.

I just couldn't get it together this morning to make the 5 hour round trip. I feel so bad, I'd said I was going, I really wanted to go but the body refused. To make it worse my husband also seems to have caught the bug I have.

Maybe a gold medal tommorow will cheer me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home