Tuesdays Child
Bad omens about this post but I'll hope for the best. I have pictures and even better than that I have finished objects!!!!! How cool is that. Not easy to have either. My digital camera has started to act up (it's 2 years old) and I get the feeling it's just more of this "things are only made for certain lifespans these days" but nonetheless I'd be hoping for more than 2 years out of my camera. Anyway, I've reinstalled updated software and it seems to be working ok at the moment - I think I have a corrupted image in the memory card and thats possibly the real reason why it's been causing problems. Mmmmm fingers crossed. So, knitting, first up is the hat and bootees I knit for SANDS.
|
I even got them knit up and finished in time for the March Stitch N' Bitch Meeting in Dublin last Saturday. Unfortunately the woman who collects these and sends them off to SANDS wasn't there. So, I'll just have to bring them up again next month. SN'B was great, few new knitters to our ever increasing circle which is great. Also managed to catch up with some friends on Saturday night and had a fantastic night - it was one of those evenings where everyone was in great form and yes the copious amounts of alcohol probably fuelled the fun but my stomach was still hurting the next day from all the laughter. Aren't times like that so precious.
On Sunday we drove home via Thomastown (a small town near Kilkenny - not exactly enroute for us) to visit more friends who have left the high life of the big city and have moved to country life - a farmhouse with quite a few acres! They moved at the end of last summer and this was our first opportunity to pay a visit. After a number of wrong turns we found them, wish I'd some pics to show but despite the awful wet weather their home looked the perfect oasis of calm. They have a growing collection of animals and combined with their neighbours straying cows, their country life is very busy.
Back to knitting, you might remember this......
And this.............
Yep, it's the Cotton Wool Sweater in the grape yarn colour for Tuesday's child, who I am hoping to get to meet this weekend.
Complete with "Handmade with Love" label,
and gift wrapped - it looks like this........

When you buy a clicketyknits.com knitting kit - that's what you get - EVERYTHING - including gift wrap, ribbon, gift card, "handmade with love" label and even a washing instructions label. Just thought you'd like to see all the contents made up!
I also decided to make Tuesday's child these bootees, 
I'd love to say I'm finished with baby knits for the moment - the Sunrise Circle Jacket is calling, no SCREAMING at me but I have another Cotton Wool Sweater on needles for a baby due since last Monday. And then I'll probably be onto this........
I'm not gonna say anything more for the moment - I think it deserves a post all of it's own. Till then.



3 Comments:
hi clickety,
thanks for your interest in the sunrise knitalong -- please post your email address on the KAL -- i can't add you without it!
thanks,
jackie
All your finished projects look great! You really pay attention to the details.
That is so sweet of you to knit baby items for SANDS. You have a good heart. The purple hat and little shoes with daisies are so cute!
Post a Comment
<< Home