Ball Winding Fun & WIP's.
I promised pictures and here they are. I finally got my hands on this piece of kit and it sent me into a winding frenzy.
You might recall my post with reasons why I needed a ball winder, well here they are, all beautifully and quickly wound.
I turned this
into this ( well actually there was 2 more balls but I've already starting knitting with it).
Taddah, the first of my WIP photos and yes I know it doesn't look like much but I have great plans for this to hold some of my stash. I'm using a pattern from Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living - it's called the Carried Away Felted Bag. There's a little pic if you click on the link in the sidebar. I'm making it much larger though and here's hoping I have enough yarn.
I haven't done much more on the Sunrise Circle Jacket, but for the sake of photos, here you go.
I'm planning on starting on the sleeve tomorrow and will have a rethink about the back when I have a sleeve and front done, I should have a better idea then if it's likely to fit.
So, that just leaves the last sleeve of the Cotton Wool Sweater.
And then I might start on these.......
The postie arrived with this ebay purchase during the week and I'm beginning to think socks!
Maggie, thanks for your comment on a previous post. I'm actually going up to Belfast tomorrow for a few days to visit Tuesdays Child. With a lengthy train journey there and back from Wexford I'm hoping to get lots of knitting done. I'm also bringing the laptop though so there's other work to be done too. Hopefully I'll be back later in the week with progress photos.
You might recall my post with reasons why I needed a ball winder, well here they are, all beautifully and quickly wound.
I turned this
into this ( well actually there was 2 more balls but I've already starting knitting with it).
Taddah, the first of my WIP photos and yes I know it doesn't look like much but I have great plans for this to hold some of my stash. I'm using a pattern from Simple Knits for Sophisticated Living - it's called the Carried Away Felted Bag. There's a little pic if you click on the link in the sidebar. I'm making it much larger though and here's hoping I have enough yarn.
I haven't done much more on the Sunrise Circle Jacket, but for the sake of photos, here you go.
I'm planning on starting on the sleeve tomorrow and will have a rethink about the back when I have a sleeve and front done, I should have a better idea then if it's likely to fit.
So, that just leaves the last sleeve of the Cotton Wool Sweater.
And then I might start on these.......
The postie arrived with this ebay purchase during the week and I'm beginning to think socks!
Maggie, thanks for your comment on a previous post. I'm actually going up to Belfast tomorrow for a few days to visit Tuesdays Child. With a lengthy train journey there and back from Wexford I'm hoping to get lots of knitting done. I'm also bringing the laptop though so there's other work to be done too. Hopefully I'll be back later in the week with progress photos.


4 Comments:
You got yourself a pretty nifty ball winder! Look at all those balls of yarn you rolled up already. Ebay is great. I find my best deals on there for everything I want to buy.
I forgot to ask if that is your berber white carpet the sock yarn is on? I love that carpet! The best looking berber carpet I have seen yet.
I've been dreaming of getting a ball winder. All your little yarn cakes look so nice all neat and tidy.
Hi Sharon - I found you through your comment on Knittypants. I love your picture of your little cakes of yarn all wound up. I always have my latest favorite "yarn cakes" sitting on my desk - I just love to look at them!
Fun blog - I'll be back!
Post a Comment
<< Home