Yes, it's been 10 days since my last post. So what have I been up to? Well I made it up to Belfast - and I only have one photo to show for it and I really need to get permission to put it on my blog so you'll have to wait for it!
I've also discovered that knitting, a 2 year old and a newborn do not a good combination make. Well the combination is fine but you just don't get any time for the former and incredibly it's not the latter that's most demanding. 2 year olds are hard work - lovely, but hard work. It was great to catch up with my friend and her husband and I hope I was some help to them even if it was just for a day or two. I was wrecked getting back on the long train journey home last Wednesday so, my plans for knitting up a storm didn't quite come to fruition. Here's the progress so far on the Sunrise Circle Jacket. I've knit the left sleeve and have started into the shaping for the left front. I've decided to do this in a larger size than I started the back in so I guess I'll be frogging that.
No more progress on the felted bag - well a few rows but nothing worth taking a pic of. I've knit the last sleeve of the Cotton Wool Sweater but guess what - it still has to be sewn up.
So, upon my return to Wexford apart from catching up workwise I had to prepare for my parents arrival for the Easter break. This involved painting (admitedly the husband took care of that) cleaning, food shopping, cleaning, baking, window washing, cleaning, flower planting, cooking - did I mention cleaning? Yes, I guess no matter what age you are when the parents come to visit you still feel compelled to do a fairly thorough clean or at least I do. To add to the mix I also invited my husbands parents to join us for dinner so then it turned into a cleaning frenzy. Oh, and the cooking and the baking. I made this.
Pine Nut Almond and Lemon Cake( from River Cafe Cook Book Easy), yummy with coffee.
Then I baked this.
Party Cake (from Jamie Oliver's Return of the Naked Chef), perfect for chocoholics.
All that before starters and mains. My mother-in-law brought her legendary rhubarb tart and a fruit cake so with all that food we didn't even get round to Easter Eggs, but I did manage to have some chocolate. Now I need to start walking again, a lot.
No travel plans or visitors this weekend so I'm determined to get some quality time with my knitting and making some real progress on the Sunrise Circle Jacket.
|
6 Comments:
Great progress you're doing on the jacket, I'm very curious to see how it's going to look when its finished!
Gosh, the cakes you did look sooo yummy! I bet you all had a great time eating them - that's certainly the good moments of Easter! :)
Yummy! Your cooking looks so good! Such a pretty color for the jacket.
well done on the baking, loks very yummy indeed. Surprisingly enough, I have been doing a bit of that also this last week, must be the weather or something! Sunrise circle jacket progress is looking good also, and don't worry about the frogging, it will be worth it in the end.
I can't wait to see your photo from Belfast. I WILL get there one day. I really love the Sunrise Circle Jacket Sharon and the color you've chosen is gorgeous! The Cotton Wool Sweater is adorable as well. Do you ever make Irish Potato Bread (at least that's what the Irish in my family called it)? If so, would you care to share your recipe? I watch Jamie Oliver all the time. Think he's dead cute.
Yum! - all that baking looks SO good! I also think the color for you Sunrise Circle is beautiful!
The Party cake looks so good! I can imagine myself eating too much of that! Girl, you are a great cook!
Post a Comment
<< Home