So, Thursday brought a new little girl to our gang. My friends first baby and in our gang of 10 girlfriends the sixth child in total, the fourth girl and the third arrival since January this year. Wowee, my friends have been busy. So have I - busy knitting.
Here's the progress on the Cotton Wool Sweater Yes, that's just one sleeve, but I hope to get it all finished up in the next few days. The colour is blue which some may find a little strange for a girl - in fact I'd wager I'll be the only person giving a blue garment to this new mammy for her little girl. I know she'll like it though - it's not your typical baby blue - it's a duck egg blue colour and I got these to go with it.
So she'll still look like a girl, if anyone asks.
And mammy who likes chocolate gets these...........
Only problem is I'm not sure when I'm gonna get to visit. Ironically, of all the gang this mammy lives closest to me - a 1.5 hour drive away. I've other travels planned for this coming week and with a wedding and 40th birthday party this weekend and Easter next weekend it'll probably be after that before I get a chance to pay a visit so I probably have a little time yet to get the second sleeve done. Maybe that means I'll be able to get back to the Sunrise Circle Jacket? I must admit though I've been distracted though by something else. Yes, the ball winder has been busy, photos tomorrow. |
1 Comments:
Such a lovely little sweater this is going to be - and I do love your color choice! You're right, it's not the "typical" blue that's usually used for little boys, it's a very special one that'd go along so fine with the other clothes and still have the little one look like a real lady!
Post a Comment
<< Home