Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Playing catchup

Posted below is the pic of my trip to Belfast. I hope it won't disappoint (sorry Maggie) but perhaps I should have been clearer about my time in Belfast. I was helping to mind children, 2 of them. In fact the process obviously robbed me of brain cells too, I only got a picture of one child and at that it was whilst I was running out the door. The pyjama wearing breastfeeding mammy wouldn't allow one of the nursing child at that time - I couldn't really argue - I don't think I'd be up for a photo session in those circumstances either. So, here she is, the lovely 2 year old watching CBeebies - which I got an education on during my visit. You can be sure she knew I was taking a photo but CBeebies was much more interesting!Maggie I'll do better on my next trip to Belfast - actual photos of places in Belfast! You also left a comment about Irish Potato Bread - I'll have to ask my mother as I don't have a recipe for it. I'm not even sure if she has but I'd be happy to ask. Or maybe someone else reading this could help? Back to knitting or the lack of. I did get some time and started some knitted squares for the Metred Square blanket but I haven't taken any pics yet so I'll have to post them later this week. I've a little more progress on the Sunrise Circle Jacket but not enough to take a photo of but you know it's not really that important. We had more visitors this weekend, more than planned. My mother in law was taken into hospital on Sunday and understandibly as we live closest to the hospital our house became quite the hub. She was released yesterday though and whilst still not fully better the illness is not quite as serious as was initially thought, thankfully. We are all very relieved. Incidents like this really drive home the importance of family in all our lives.

I've just emailed off my presentation for tomorrow night. Thanks for the encouraging comments, I can't say I hugely look forward to public speaking but then again it's great to be asked and being asked is something that wouldn't have happened this time last year so it's a real milestone on the self employment road. I'll let you all know how it goes. Just as I emailed off the presentation I came across this apt quotation by Mark Twain :" It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech" It says it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger KnitPastis said...

Ooohhh, your working on a blanket. You must take photos of this! One of these days I am going to make a blanket out of my stash yarn I think. Mark Twain said it well! Email me if you would like for me to mail some Kool-Aid packets to you.

6:05 am  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

Sharon, have you ever thought of joining Toastmasters? There are clubs all over and prepare you for speaking in public. I'm a member of mine at work and you can definately see the progress as people progress through their speechs. Toastmasters give you all sorts of tips about speaking in public and definately worth even visiting a meeting to see what goes on at them.
Oh and the banana cake was gone in seconds in work, and many mmmm's were made!I have to bring in the recipe also for several of them so looks like they enjoyed it.

8:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you disappoint? What a beautiful little girl!! I would really love to see photos of Belfast as well though. I think I told you my grandparents (rest their souls) were in fact born there. As for the potato bread? I would love it if you asked your Mom for the recipe.

10:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home