Monday, June 12, 2006

Ram House

Ok, in a rare moment of efficiency Blogger loaded up these pics really quickly. Unfortunately, it stopped before I was finished but at least you'll have a flavour. I mentioned in a previous post that I'd been to see some gardens recently. Here's some pics from Ram House in Coolgreaney, north Wexford. Ram House is a private home and garden that opens to the public for a few hours in the afternoon. Myself, himself and his parents checked it out. It's not actually a very large garden but they have managed to create lots of little areas of interest. They've also managed to achieve this is in a manner that doesn't look too scuplted, too planned. We really liked it and there was plenty of ideas for our own garden to be. I really like this plant - faboulously green foliage with hidden flowers beneath it's leaves. I'm sure I was told the name but I'll have to talk to the mammy-in-law for a reminder. Here she is explaining something about the fab camelia to my husband! And here is my dream - along with the wall I showed you previously I long for a wisteria clad home. Isn't this just gorgeous.Just tried to upload more pics just to see if it was a temporary blip with Blogger but no luck. I'll be back with more as soon as Blogger decides the time is right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A word of caution regarding Wisteria. You do realize, I hope, that Wisteria is famous for taking over and crushing any structure that gets in its way? Don't mean to be a spoil sport, but just so you'll know.

4:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this plant - faboulously green foliage with hidden flowers beneath it's leaves. I'm sure I was told the name but I'll have to talk to the mammy-in-law for a reminder.

^^^
This plant is called dicentra spectabilis aka Dutchman's Breeches. It is just gorgeous

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home