Valencia Part 4? Really?
Our Museum day took us to the outskirts of the city to four magnificient buildings – collectively known as the City of the Arts and Sciences. Holding L’Oceanografic, aswell as the Musea de les Ciencies Principe Felipe, L’ Hemispheric and Palacio de las Artes. In plain English, one was an ocean park that has been designed to recreate habitats from every ocean, including also a dolphinarium. The second building is devoted to science and discovery the third one is an outdoor and indoor auditorium and the final one features a concave IMAX screen. We went to see them all! Not exactly my preference for a day in Valencia but when you see my post about my yarn shopping in Valencia you’ll understand that I was happy to go along. In actual fact I regretted not having more time to spend in the Science Museum – it was really well designed, very interactive and great fun. This link might give you some more info -www.cac.es




Valencia is host to the 32nd America’s Cup www.americascup.com and down on the port they are gearing up big time – they have built two new marinas and additional berths for yachts to accommodate the influx that this competition will bring. The area is totally being regenerated and I’m sure it’ll leave a legacy for Valencia that will long outlive the competition.
Valenica really is a great city, we stayed in the old town and walked almost every where we needed to go. The food was great, the wine was great and it was all so reasonably priced (I think this may have a lot to do with the fact that everything in Ireland is so bloody expensive though). The only negative and it isn’t really a negative but we were a little disappointed by the IVAM – the Modern Art Museum, but perhaps their exhibitions just weren’t to our taste. I’d thoroughly recommend Valencia and if anyone is interested in finding out more www.turisvalencia.es is a good link.


1 Comments:
I'm waiting with baited breath for this post on the yarn shop!!
Valencia certainly seems like a great place, these pictures are amazing, and the weather looked like it was great.
Post a Comment
<< Home