Saturday, June 24, 2006

With woven wings

Before I post about our time away I need to say a big thank you. While we were away the postie left a note to say that there was a parcel to be collected. I duly did and just look at what I got.

The final 2 balls of yarn needed for my Sunrise Circle Jacket courtesy of Donni. She also included a beautiful silk and merino mix black and blue woven scarf that she made herself. It's really lovely and a most unexpected gift. In addition she sent an accomodation guide for Wollongong. I'd mentioned in an email to her that we were planning a trip to Australia and Tasmania early next year to attend a wedding and that we were hoping to travel at least some of the east coast. Woollongong is just an hour south of Sydney so I'm really hoping that I can persuade my travelling buddies to stop there. I'd REALLY love to make a Stitch n' Bitch meeting in Wollongong - here's hoping. Certainly stranger things have happened, as this whole story could prove! ( Check out my post earlier this month - By the power of blogger and some wonderful women).

4 Comments:

Blogger KnitPastis said...

That was so nice of Donni to send you that yarn! Now you can finish your jacket. Can't wait to see it when you finish.

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite right - looking for a FO now. You are most welcome.

12:01 pm  
Blogger Knittypants said...

I am so glad you got your yarn, can't wait to see your jacket.

7:36 am  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

You have to make Woolongong, its a great place, was there a few times when I was in Sydney. And to make the SnB there- itsa MUST!!

3:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home