Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Between red and yellow

It’s still sunny and warm here maybe not 30degrees but still a very pleasant mid 20s temp most days. I’m almost beginning to take it for granted which I really shouldn’t be doing but just to put a smile on your face here’s our blue skies above today. It’s truly wonderful to wake up to yet another sun filled day. Magnifico.

Had a great weekend continuing my procrastination. You’ll all be delighted to hear though that I have knuckled down and started to write. All proceeding to plan at the moment. I’ve been a little slow in getting back to my blog since the weekend so rather than re-invent the wheel to end up with a less superior model at the end of the process I direct you here to Sara’s blog to see what we got up to on Saturday and to Cheryls blog for the well conceived and executed Postcard to Isobel post. Well done ladies. Oh, and well done to Holly – just look at her post “First Order”. And courtesy of Holly here’s my new babies. Our kitchen is mainly cream with stainless steel and walnut counters and cupboards. To lift it all we have some accents of orange. Not too many but just a few. Holly has helped me add to them. Here’s the fab hand spun and hand dyed yarn destined for the kitchen.

For this. Now to find a pattern. I’m really looking forward to doing a felted cosy and I’ll be getting to it soon, as soon as this report is done.

7 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Way to get back to it, but I see you're blogging, so is this another distraction??? Yarn looks good with the kitchen stuff.

10:26 pm  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

Your kitchen looks lovely and light and airy! Just the type of kitchen that the yarn will go well in as a felted cosy.
I'm sure you'll get your writing done under pressure, it works for me...

11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree....lovely kitchen and the orange suits it perfectly! Your felted cozy will be smashing...after writing the paper of course! Or have you cast it on already as a diversion?! :-)

12:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the sunny skies?? However, here they come with a very high price. Very hot and humid.

9:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such gorgeous colours in your kitchen Sharon! I can't wait to see the finished cosy - I need to knock one up for mine too so I might wait and see how yours turns out. The stand the teapot is on looks nice - did you make it? It makes me want to try mosaicing. (not sure if that's a word, but you know what I mean).

4:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Monday deadline has come and gone...how'd the paper go? And yes, I know this has nothing to do with either red or yellow or the shades in between!

2:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you live in downtown Wexford? Those old walls look familar.

11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home