Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

It's hot here. Real hot, hot in the sense that even non-Irish people would consider hot! Yipee. It got up to 30 degrees in some parts of the country today and it's been like that for some time now, hopefully it'll continue a little longer. The heat has interrupted knitting time but that's quite ok, it's left more time for swims in Curracloe, entertaining friends in our home, tennis (we managed to get to the semi- finals of the Business House League) visiting friends and family and soaking up the rays at the non-stop BBQ's. Lets hope the sunshine will last a little longer (here's a good advert demonstrating exactly what our Irish summer is normally like) so forgive my total denial that this current hot spell has anything to do with this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...whatever happened to the rain and the mist and the eternally-Emerald-green? I'm seeing hints of brown in my grass...and have to water my flowers more than I care to! But, I'm not complaining, mind you (ok, yes I am!).

7:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was homesick so I was searching for Wexford blogs. I'm from Wexford (been in San Francisco 17 years though). My blog is even called Wexford Girl. I hear the weather is gorgeous over there. Enjoy it!

2:07 pm  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

HOW can you play tennis in this heat Sharon!! HOW?!
Its all I can do to water the grass. You'll see the effects of my not-watering very often soon enough...

1:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home