Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tweedy Pie Blanket

I think some people expect pictures of the Sunrise Circle Jacket. Well, I don't have any. The finished object to which I referred in the last post was this.

The Tweedy Pie Blanket. Knit in lightning fast speed by me and the mammy (not!). It's finished now though - just in time for the sweltering heat. The mammy assures me that the recipient has many blanket days ahead since he's only just 6 months old. I was hoping to get a photo with him on it but it looks like I'm not going to get to see them for another week or two - so here it is.

Progress on the Sunrise Circle Jacket - I'm finished it. Finished knitting that is. Not finished making it up and it's unlikely to happen in the near future either, as I won't be able to wear it at the moment. This is not a complaint but it's too hot! We've a mini heatwave here and it's kinda hard to get motivated about sewing up something that I probably won't be able to wear for another while yet ( here's hoping). I haven't decided on what type of closure either. I think I need a trip up to the big smoke to sort that one out.

I have started something else though, in fact I had started these a little while ago but never posted pics. Just as well methinks. When I picked it back up I couldn't follow the pattern, I didn't have enough stitches. So I frogged and the sock I now have is a much improved version than that which proceeded it. Anyhow here's the progress.

It's a great summer knit. Easy to do in the heat and such a small project for totting around. The yarn I'm using is Four Seasons - Hot Socks, sockenwoole in Laola shade which I bought on Ebay some time ago. The pattern is free on Magknits - Jaywalker socks, I'm probably the last person on the planet to start these but for anyone who hasn't tried this pattern - it's great, really easy - despite my first attempt whatever I was doing at the time.

4 Comments:

Blogger tangelled angel said...

Blanket looks great Sharon, really snuggly, and you are not the last person in the world to start those socks, I have them on my list to do but can't start them until I finish Budd...so maybe next year!!They look great btw.And well done on finishing the sunrise circle jacket-what a great achievement!!! ☺

12:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really love the colour on that blanket. Grass, eh? Very yummy indeed! Love the catalog pics on your website. Very cute kids...!

10:46 am  
Blogger carrie said...

that blanket is positively lovely and a really thoughtful gift. and you weren't the only one choked up about agassi. so sad!

4:40 pm  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

I bet that blanket feels so awesome! It very pretty. Great looking Jaywalker. It seems the yarn you choose is perfect for showing off this pattern.

12:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home