Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Knitted Picnic

Ok, so the news is out. I might have been the first to break it on the Stitch N' Bitch IE forum but I'm more than a little late about posting the information on my blog. I'm just having one of those weeks. So, if you haven't read about it yet on Sara, Holly, Isobel or Cheryl's blog, here's the deal.

We're going to the Electric Picnic and we're bringing our knitting! We're going to be teaching any festival goer who wants to learn to knit how to do so. We'll be hanging out in "The Big Tree" area and to show off our knitting skills we've decided to knit a picnic - hence the "Knitted Picnic" theme. We're knitting sandwiches, pizza slices, sushi, biscuits and cupcakes (quite an eclectic picnic).

We're asking knitters for help to make a picnic blanket. All we are asking for is donations of one knitted square of ten inches, of any design, weight or colour ( make it nice though!) we're planning on sewing them all together to make a picnic blanket and donate it to charity after the event. If you are interested in knitting up a square you can bring it along to the next meet up of the Stitch N' Bitch IE group which is on Saturday 26th August at 1pm in the Library Bar of the Central Hotel, Exchequer St, Dublin. If that's not feasible (i.e. you don't even live in Ireland) and you would like to help you'll just need to post it to get it to me by Friday 25th August. Leave a comment if you are interested and I'll get in touch with address details. Short notice I know, but it's just one square!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you'll be having edible eats as well at the picnic Sharon...smile.

10:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home