Deux Semaine
1/ I completed my requirements for the course I am taking at WIT – i.e. I had a final presentation on my business plan. Graduation is at the end of October and at that stage I hopefully will be adding another H.Dip to my qualifications, the title of which is Higher Diploma in Enterprise Development - which basically means I’ll then be qualified to be an entrepreneur!!
2/ Competed in the Ladies Singles, Ladies Doubles and Mixed Doubles in the Club Championship competition at my tennis club. Competed might be too strong a word. I turned up, played, got beaten – comprehensively – we’ll leave it at that. Except maybe that I should mention that I only took up tennis at the beginning of this year and quite often my opponents have been playing for ten years or more. Does that sound like I’m trying to justify?
3/ Attended monthly meeting of Wexford Women in Business Network. Then attended and exhibited with my clicketyknits.com business at the South East Women in Business Annual Conference. More on that later.
4/ Started a new yoga class. Well, I say new as I haven’t been in a while but I am back with my favourite yoga teacher of all time, so happy days.
5/ Spent a blissful chilled out weekend by the sea in my parents in law bolt hole in North Wexford.
6/ Completed, by that I mean I sewed up my Sunrise Circle Jacket. That deserves a separate post and I really have to do a post for the Sunrise Circle Knitalong. In fact I still haven’t even taken a picture of the jacket but I love it and it has been worn.
7/Finally, I made a trip across the Irish Sea in good company (Isobel, Sara, Cheryl, Holly) to the Birmingham Knitting and Stitching Show.
We had a great time, the show itself wasn’t as big or as well attended as the London equivalent which was not so great for the exhibitors but much more comfortable for the visitors. There was no pushing and shoving in the aisles and as we did most of the shopping on Saturday we had a great leisurely wander around on the Sunday and even got some time to just sit and knit.
Some of the party have been quicker off the mark about blogging about our trip, Isobel covers our accommodation story very well, and Cheryl covers the food aspect excellently, since most of my pictures were of food too, I’m not going to duplicate except to say that 5 knitting bloggers in a restaurant makes some interesting entertainment for our fellow diners, when instead of taking pictures of ourselves having a good time we’re taking pictures of the food we are going to eat.
I didn’t take many pictures of the exhibition as most of the exhibits I would like to have taken a photo of prohibited photography. I did take a photo of the Wool and Boats stall though, they had one of the more interesting displays.
Not as good a display as this though.
Saturdays takings. Not all mine. This is the collective haul of us 5 in day one.
Here’s my acquisitions from day one.
Day two I added two books. I really didn’t want to buy more knitting books, I have quite a few and since my birthday is not long past (where my husband bought me 5 knitting books!) I thought I’d have some explaining to do with the introduction of 2 more to the collection. I think it was worth it though. Sarah Dallas Knitting and Rowan Vintage Collection.
I’d like to say that the recent blogging hiatus won’t happen again but in fact it’s going to happen again very shortly – something to do with having to dust down these CD’s.


3 Comments:
Well done on the French post title! Have a super trip!
Good luck with your diploma!
thanx for the update, I enjoy reading your blog!
Post a Comment
<< Home