Friday, October 06, 2006

Bonne Vacances

Peaceful, isn't it. Just like the holiday and very unlike this past week. Sometimes when you go away you are so snowed under when you get back that you wonder if taking time out is worth it. Well, taking the time out now to post about the holiday I can definately say that yes, it was and is worth it, despite what this week has thrown at me. So, I'm wondering if you can tell from the photos exactly where in France we holidayed. I'm not one for suspense so I'll just tell you. Most of the pictures above are taken from the Yellow Train as we made our way through many little villages up in the Pyrenees. We were based in a small town called Elne a ten minute drive from Perpignan. The lake picture above is of the lake in Villeneuve-de-la-Raho which took us almost 90mins to walk around. We spent some days at the plage in St-Cyprien, shopped in Perpignan, took two trips to the beautiful Collioure and enjoyed the markets, food and art the town had on offer, we even took a painting home!

Mostly though we just relaxed, read books, knitted (more on that when I take the F.O. photos) and ate and drank all the traditional fab French foods, yum, yum.

Didn't buy any French yarn though, only came across acrylics and as I'd just enhanced the stash in Birmingham I was quite happy just to knit rather than hunt for yarn. I worked on four different projects, two of which are complete.

I'm off to take some pictures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning pics! Glad you had a relaxing time. Sorry to hear that reality was a bit hectic this week. Will we see you Saturday or are you still in 'catch up' mode?

10:41 am  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

Pictures look great and sounds like you had a great time Sharon!!

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home