Saturday, October 14, 2006

Odessa Hat


Odessa Hat, originally uploaded by Clickety Knits.

Pattern: Magknits Odessa Hat
Yarn Used:Kilcara Aran
Beads: Clear Glass

You need to thread the beads onto the yarn before you commence. As the yarn I was using had flecks of colour throughout it made it difficult to continually keep pushing the beads along the yarn that had a diameter very close to the internal diameter of the bead. My problem really as I wasn't using the yarn specified.

I enjoyed this pattern and would definately make one again. Despite my egg-head appearance in the photo it's actually a good fit and I hope to get some wear out of it soon. Mmm, does that mean I'm wishing for colder weather?

6 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Hat looks great. Can't wait to see if first hand. I'll need to try the bead thing out.

5:12 am  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

Yes looks great Sharon. Its also on my too do list. Did it take you long?

11:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very stylish! Have had a few friends doing beading as they knit. Snazzy finish to a project!

8:39 pm  
Blogger Diane said...

the hat is tres chic, Sharon. Don't wish for the cold weather, I just received word that it is snowing in Toronto!

10:05 am  
Blogger KnitPastis said...

You look way better in a hat than I do! Very nice looking on you for sure!

7:40 am  
Blogger Ruby Girl said...

Your hat looks really nice on you. As for colder weather, I wish our winter was still here, we are really warming up for I think an extremely hot summer, I like summer but not too damn hot.

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home