Thursday, October 26, 2006

Shopping

I've been spending a little money, with more than a little help from others. Sara's post on the Electric Picnic reminded me of the lovely citrus rooibos tea we had there. So, I went online to www.suki-tea.com and 2 days later I got my paws on this. Yummy. A while later Sara sent an email about some cotton yarn that was on offer in Lidl. I'd seen a girl from one of the Dublin Sn'B groups knit a lovely lacy scarf from it so, when I got the news that it was back in stock I couldn't resist. So I bought all they had - which came to a total of €9.00 - bargain. This is probably the closest I'll ever get to novelty yarn since there's a little fleck of shiny gold throughout. I'm looking forward to deciding what to make from this. I'm thinking a wrap/shawl of some sort. I can't blame Sara for the largest loosening of the purse strings. I've been wanting to get an MP3 player for some time and after doing the research decided on the Zen Vision M. I'm busy ripping CD's from our collection but we are having a really hard time trying to buy the music we like to listen to online. We can't buy from iTunes as their file format isn't compatible with the Zen. They do allow you to convert files from your music collection to different formats but don't allow you to convert music you buy from them to different formats. Other well-known online music providers don't offer a service to Ireland and the only reputable Irish one that we could find was through eircom.net but they only have current chart music and certainly nothing that we were looking for pre-97. Anyone out there have any advice?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you added that last paragraph as I was beginning to think that Sara was being a very bad influence on you! :-)

7:09 pm  
Blogger Diane said...

I can visualize an elegant lacey shawl...oh how pretty!

9:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home