Thursday, November 09, 2006

Metred Square Rug


Metred Square Rug, originally uploaded by Clickety Knits.

Metred Square Rug

Materials Used: Rowan Handknit Cotton in 263 Bleached, 320 Buttercup and 215 Rosso.

Q Req'd: 4 50g balls of each colour

Reason for knitting: Wanted to give the metred squares a go and initially I wanted to use up some yarn stash - I did have to buy more though to finish this. Also hides some broken tiles in the fireplace which is no bad thing.

Time to Knit - maybe a month! - there's 32 squares in total and they took about an hour each, so I did one an evening along with knitting other things.

Time to Sew Up - Not as bad as I had anticipated - every knitters favourite task I know but I spent a few hours at a time sewing up strips and then it was done.

Do it again? I would actually but not for a while yet. The metred squares are really easy and this was such a bright and cheery knit I enjoyed all the knitting time it took.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's beautiful! All I cane make are scarves.

6:24 am  
Blogger Knittypants said...

That little rug turned out nice and happy. Makes the corner look very warm and snug.

8:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, that looks fantastic. Nice work. I really need to get back to mine.

Emma - if you can make scarves you can make squares. Once you can knit and purl you can do pretty much anything.

11:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does look great! I'm planning one for inside the back door...give the cats something to fight over as they skid in from the back garden!

11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home