Princess Lace Wrap


Another knitted item I wasn't able to blog about while I worked on it as it was intended as a gift.
There is just no way to photograph this scarf in it's entirety. Suffice it to say that there is 26 repeats of a 24 row pattern and it's long - very long but it should keep my mam warm in the cold winter months ahead.Details are: Pattern: Classic Elite Yarns Princess Lace Wrap
Yarn used: UK Alpaca Luxury Alpaca Hand Knit DK Yarn
Colour: Rose Pink Q: 4 50g balls Time taken: One month approximately
Success? Well, it turned out ok in the end but I made so many mistakes starting off that I must have knit the beginning piece 3 or 4 times. In the end the first 24 pattern repeat still has errors in it - I can live with them and the recipient will appreciate them!!! I made this as a gift for my mother before we headed off for a year to NZ. I found it really difficult to get the lace pattern into my brain - it looks a much simpler design than the effort it takes to execute it -concentration required. In the end though I was happy with how it turned out and since it's the first item I've ever made for my mother (who taught me how to knit) it was well worth the effort.


4 Comments:
What a really gorgeous wrap this is, and it looks every bit as soft and warm and cozy as you describe it - your Mom is going to love it! Beautiful pattern, and I love the colour you used! Congrats on a great accomplishment!
Wow! This wrap is soooo pretty, what a treat for your mom!
Your sister's cushion is really cute, too. Isn't it great when you know they will love it.
Oh my this is something I could only dream about making. This is so lovely!!
How cute is that?!? Lovely and lacey. I haven't worked up the nerve to do lacey bits. Maybe a goal for 2007!
Post a Comment
<< Home