Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Jaywalking in Paraparaumu

Finally a picture of the last finished item of 2006 - are we really into the second week of 2007?

The Jaywalkers are done! I got a photo of them while we were at Paraparaumu beach last weekend.

Details:

Yarn used - Mmmm, bought this online from an ebay seller - can't remember what it was called, ball band is in Ireland! Not very helpful.

Time taken: Amnesia again, with good reason. I started these an age ago, I'm sure I could look up my blog to see exactly when but lets just say it was in the first half of 2006. That means it took me at least 6 months to get these monsters finished.

Satisfaction Rating/Difficulty Level: Now, these were my second pair of socks ever attempted, even so, I'm not sure why but it took me three attempts to get these right. The pattern is well written and not complicated but I didn't get it right the first time, the second time my gauge was off and they were coming up too small so third time lucky. I enjoyed knitting them but definately has second sock syndrome ( which really was probably third sock syndrome if you take into account the frogged efforts).

Fit: Yes, they do! The last pair of socks I knit (also known as the 1st pair) shrunk a little in the wash so I decided that I'd make these just a smidgen too long in the foot to allow for a little shrinkage.

Overall I was little disappointed with the yarn - have a look at this pic below.

Do you think it looks like I made any effort to get the stripes to match? Well I did, winding on a lot of yarn before I started the second sock so that they would match (sad I know - it doesn't really bother me but I tried). It all started going a bit funny closer to the foot though - I blame the yarn - what else can it be?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! The jaywalkers are such a sweet pattern. And I like the pretty colors in your yarn.

7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look fantastic! I think the colours look really nice - very wearable - and the different coours are only by the toes so don't really show.
I love the top picture btw.

11:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they look great Sharon, well done on getting them finished!
The yarn looks great, I wouldn't worry about it not matching up, no-one would notice!

3:31 am  
Blogger Holly said...

Yeah!! Your my sock guru! If you put some shoes on, well, you know the rest. They look great!

12:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look really great, and so does the beach where you modelled them.
Ger

9:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home