Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Holiday Knitting

As you can see I didn't get much knitting done on the Lombard Street socks while on holidays in Australia. The white lifeline indicates where I had knitted to before we left NZ. The rest is the sum total of my knitting in the last four weeks, the majority of which has been done in the air. I managed to bring this knitting with me on 6 of the 8 flights we took. The last two flights on the way home I decided I was just two tired to knit and bought some magazines instead. I put my knitting in my checked in luggage. Just as well I did! I was selected for a random search of my hand luggage at the security point in Melbourne airport and it yielded them nothing - thankfully.

So, 2.5mm bamboo needles covered with rubber point protectors made it through secuirty in Wellington Airport, Sydney Airport, Cairns Airport, Hamilton Island Airport and Brisbane Airport. I also brought some sock knitting with me when I travelled to NZ from Ireland and had no problems then either and this was at the height of the security restrictions last year, the needles went through security in Dublin Airport, Amsterdam Airport and Hong Kong Airport ( I know I should look up all the correct names for the airports but I'm just too lazy at the moment).

Of course, now that I have put this in print I'll probably never be able to bring knitting on a plane ever again.

Given the lack of knitting going on for the last few weeks I was really looking forward to getting back to the pointy sticks when I got back "home". I'll have some pics tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home