
I've been bitten by the beading bug. I took another class a few weeks ago. This one was all about how to make a long fully beaded necklace with beaded tassel centrepiece. To say that this was a step up from the beginners class is stating it mildly. I don't know if I was tired going into the class but I left with a raging headache. See those little beaded tassels,

- they are a,em, lets see, a (searching for the right word).............. challenge, yes a challenge (I was going to use a more forceful word but I'll spare you that). They are teeny, tiny sead beads and threading six tassels was quite time consuming not not mention headache inducing. They are so minute they are very difficult to thread with the result that quite a few ended up on the bead shop floor! Thankfully though it was the most difficult part of the process and it's nice to know how to make another style of necklace. I have to say when I first saw the style of necklace it really didn't appeal to me, but now that I've made my own in my preferred colours, it's growing on me.
Labels: Beading
3 Comments:
Its beautiful and you dida great job on the necklace.. before you know it you will be making all sorts of jewlery and never have to buy again! :)
Oh, the final product was certainly worth the raging headache! At least from my point of view....! :-)
That's a beautiful piece, well worth the trouble.
Ger
Post a Comment
<< Home