Monday, April 30, 2007

No, it's not enough!

So, as it turns out I was able to finish off the sleeve of the Wrap Cardigan on Thursday night before we headed off for the weekend. I had almost enough wool! I ran out on the very last line, I had enough to complete that line but not enough to cast off as you can see from the picture above, so I had to use some yarn from the neck, aaaagh. So the neck is now a little shorter. I've also cast off the neck. I don't have time to work out another neckline at the moment so I'm just going to make do at present and review it when I've worn it a bit. I had hoped to sew in the ends and wash and block it before I headed off for the weekend but they were very ambitious plans apparently.

It's now Monday evening and the knitting lies on the kitchen table taunting me. My sister arrives tomorrow - yipee. I've finally gotten round to posting up our intinerary for her time here - you can find details of our planned travels here. I've spent today stocking the fridge, doing laundry, ironing, washing windows and making beds - I've still to hoover, clean the bathroom and make the dinner - yikes and I had planned to bake some bread and cake - I fear the cardigan may get used to it's temporary resting home for a little longer.

We had a great weekend away playing tennis, I even managed a little stash enhancement - will reveal all when I catch my breath!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry it didn't quite make it, but I know you'll work out something really cool on the neck if you decide to re-do it. Hope you and your sister and Cathal have a super time during her visit there. See you October, hopefully!

11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sure that you can't wait until your sister arrives!!!Well done on finishing cardi. Im sure it will work out okay for you in the end!

6:37 am  
Blogger Ger said...

Hope you have a great time when your sister arrives. How annoying when you run out of yarn at just the lasst little piece, but I'm sure you'll make a great job of adjustment.
Ger

8:28 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

It's a good thing your flexable or the cardigan would have cost you another ball of wool. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time with your sister.

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home