Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Cleckheaton Cardie

So, here's the start of a few posts on FO's. First up is the Cleckheaton Cardie pictured here in the leafy Autumnal surrounds of Christchurch.

Pattern: Cleckheaton Book 949 - Circular Yoke Cardigan

Yarn: Cleckheaton Country Silk - 75% wool, 15% silk.

Time Taken: Trying to remember it seems so long ago now and I think I was knitting other things at the time too - I'd say probably 4 weeks in total though.

Difficulty: No knitter would have difficulty with this pattern it's pretty simple and straightforward but I managed to have a counting failure. After I had sewn in the second sleeve I realised upon counting my stitches that I had finished the sleeve for the next size up - not the size I was knitting, so some unpicking of sewing was required. No biggie really but I hate sewing up so much, doing it twice can send me over the edge!

Winner/Loser: Winner, thankfully. I've already worn it quite a bit.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ger said...

Lovely cardi, Sharon and great colour.

8:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, forgot to wish you a very happy 2nd anniversary on your last post. (That's what happens when I'm trying to type fast on borrowed wifi!)

The cardy looks lovely on you! A great FO to share with us!

9:33 pm  
Blogger Holly said...

Looks great. The cardi's nice too. Great to see you. Extended holiday seems to agree with you.

3:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loveryly cardigan!! I want, I want!!

4:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cute cardi. And the color is lovely. I am glad it's a winner, I could see it being worn a lot.

8:20 am  
Blogger Robin said...

What a cute cardigan! Love the color!

3:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home