Hottie Cover Fun
I had a quick root through the stash (yes I have accumulated a stash here) and came up with the novelty pink yarn I bought back in December when we first arrived. Finally a use for this yarn. I have no idea why I bought it but I recall liking the colours. Anyway I think it makes a very pretty hottie!
Pattern: Jessie from Rowan Junior
Yarn: Rare Surino Slub Tulip 3x 50g balls (bought in Wild and Woolly Yarns in Devonport) and some leftovers of the blue handspun that I used to knit C's scarf(bought in Fibre Spectrum in Nelson).
Time Taken: Approx. a week
Difficulty: A very straightforward pattern but I was using a different yarn and therefore different needle sizes to those specified so I kinda winged it and added extra rows where needed. The heart is a feature of the pattern but the "hottie" part is all mine!
Winner/Loser: WINNER - could I shout that any louder - I love it and it's one of my favourite things that I have knit this year and of course it will always remind me of NZ.
View of the back
Close up of the heart shaped buttons.
Labels: Finished Items 2007


4 Comments:
OMGosh - I want that hottie cover pattern. I have been looking out for a knitted pattern. And then - erk - the book is no longer available. I may just have to wing it - pr resort to sewing some.
It looks great by the way - every kiwi house should have a few *g*
I've been meaning to make a hottie cover for so long now! You've inspired me!
Very very cute. I too love my hottie bottie covers. You forgot to mention in addition to no central heating we don't insulate or double glaze our windows. Utter madness. We are trying to correct that in our old house and the neighbours think we are over the top mad! Mind the rest of my family lives in the tropics in Australia and they have no air conditioning so maybe the madness isn't just confined to NZ..........
That looks really cozy. We could probably use one here at the moment its that wet and cold. Especially last week.
Post a Comment
<< Home