Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wrap Cardie Disaster

I've thought long and hard about this photo and this post. This is the last of the FO's that I had planned to photograph during our travels in May (I have some more FO's coming up though - ones I have finished this month!). Despite a race against the clock I did manage to get this sewn up in time to bring it with me. I carried it in my backpack taking up valuable space and not once - even on the coldest days did I wear it. I couldn't you see, because I hate it with a passion.

I don't think I've felt the love less for any knitted item I have ever made and expecially one that took me almost a month to make. The only thing that kept me going during the knitting of it was the prospect of possibly running out of yarn. That's how exciting a knit it was and the finished result is just not wearable. Not by me anyway. I hate the shape of it, it's too baggy, too long and just plain too big for me (it does fit across the back so it's not a question of possibly knitting a smaller size, the style just doesn't suit me) and to add insult to injury it adds lbs to my not so slim frame that doesn't need lbs added to it. Yuck!

For the record, here are the details:

Pattern: Wrap Cardigan from Sarah Dallas Knitting

Yarn: Rowan Wool Cotton Shade 941 and Shade 900

Time taken: A whole month of my knitting life that I'll never get back.

Difficulty: Not at all difficult just incredibly boring miles and miles of s.s.

Winner/Loser: mmm, how can I put this................................. LOOOOOOOSER!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger katarinaw said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with it! It looks gorgeous, but I suppose that is no comfort to you. Well, the good thing about knitting is that you can always use the yarn for something else. I've had a similar experience with a project and I ended up frogging the whole darn thing.

7:02 pm  
Blogger Ger said...

Oh Sharon, that's so disappointing for you and it looks so good in the photo.Especially after all that knitting. However, I've had this problem so many times I wonder how I'll ever knit another thing. The mittens in the last post look lovely. Maybe sometime you'll knit another garment from that gorgeous yarn.

7:35 pm  
Blogger Meg said...

Oh, I knew from the first line of this post it wasn't going to end happily...So sorry about that month you'll never get back! Is there someone in your family it would suit, you could gift it at Christmas? Just a thought. All that frogging seems too heartbreaking!

9:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shame, Sharon! Sigh. But we all have 'em I think. I did a long-below-the-knee-cardigan...even broke a needle doing a ruffle embellishment. Think I've worn it 3 times? And so it sits in the wardrobe (well....in a box at the moment).

Frog-pond?

11:26 pm  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm sorry you are so unhappy, I'm all for frogging something I don't like and using the yarn for a new project! You must remember I'm a "process knitter"!

12:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home