Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Sunny Days

Hello! Is this really my first post of September? You'd be forgiven for thinking that I had just disappeared or forgotten that I have a blog - well neither are accurate but I have been remiss in getting back to it. We had a great time in Raro, as usual Cathal has been keeping the other blog up to date. To celebrate my return I thought it was about time some long finished knits showed up here. So, the photo above is of my Clapotis pictured having a great time in Muri Beach in Rarotonga.

Project: Kate Gilberts Clapotis

Yarn: Hummingbird 100% wool, (it's seems to have disappeared from the Knitworld site so no link - sorry). It was a total bargain aswell.

Time taken: I started this in May whilst we were travelling the South Island. I'd say in total it took me about a month to knit but I left it lying on a chair for months - all it needed was some ends sewn in and blocked - so I finally got round to it and brought it to Raro with me for the chilly evenings which never materialised.

Pattern Modifications: Just added on 5 or 6 more repeats of the middle straight section before the final shaping section. I wanted this to be more of a wrap than a scarf.

Difficulty:Not! Yet there's enough interest to keep you going and not bore you totally to tears. I decided to purl the stitch to be dropped rather than use stitch holders to indicate the stitch - I don't have 18 stitch holders for a start!

Winner/Loser: Such a winner I would definitely knit one again, I really like Kate's clever knits.

Wow, that wasn't so difficult after all. I might even be back again soon!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Love Clapotis!! Your's is beautiful, and the photo setting helps greatly!

12:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, its beautiful!

12:24 am  
Blogger Ruby Girl said...

what a beautiful backdrop to show off your clapotis.

12:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a lovely Clapotis! Funny- i was saying to Isobel today that I have it in my head I want to knit a clapotis...I come home and there you are!Great photo. the back of you is looking Grreat!!

9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home